Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Cowtown & Nike Women's!

Hi Everybody!

First, from what I can tell, only one person of everyone who applied got into Nike Women's. Congratulations Bonnie! For everyone else, it looks like it's going to be Cowtown!

Emails have been coming in and it looks like there is more interest in the Sacramento Cowtown Marathon being held on Sunday October 5, 2008 than in the San Francisco Marathon. The link to the website is:
http://www.sacramentocowtownmarathon.com/

Another advantage to doing this event is that it is only about two weeks before Nike Women's so Bonnie and anybody else who did make it into that even can still come and do some of the long runs together because the training schedules will be fairly similar. So we can still all work together and support each other!

I have already signed up for the full marathon (in cowtown), they also have a half marathon, marathon relay and 5k. My brother and his girlfriend have also already signed up! If you have any questions about the event, take a look at the website or you can ask me. I will still be using superwomenrunners.blogspot.com for updates, etc. so check back here for any questions or training plans!

And, let me know when you sign up!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I am in the half in Cowtown!