Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Accumulated Distance

Mary had an idea I ran across the other day in a comment she posted on Kate's blog that I would like to pick up on. She wondered if it would be possible to add an area to this blog where people could post the distances they have run so we can see our cumulative total. I have looked through blogspot, and I don't see a tool like that I can use, what we can do though is people can email me the distance they have run and I can add a cumulative total to the right-hand column of the blog with that total. Email me your total distance at meganreinke@gmail.com it would be helpful if you titled the email superwomenrunners so if I ever need to search for emails I will easily be able to find it. You can email me your daily distance, weekly distance, biweekly distance or monthly distance, or your distance when you think of it and I will add it!

I think this is a great idea and seeing that number grow will be inspiring to us all! Keep up the good work everyone, and Kate, good job getting started in a foreign country, Mary, good job listening to your body and not pushing yourself so hard you get hurt but at the same time keeping up your distance!

5 comments:

Kate said...

Question. What does your running odometer stand for? Total since when? And everyone or just you?

superwomanrunner said...

The running/walking/wajjing odometer is the total distance run for the Nike Women's Marathon and it is everybody's distance. The odometer is going to keep a count of total miles and every month I will clear and restart the monthly calculator so we can see how our distances are for a given month.

Also, unless I hear people want otherwise I am going to keep everybody's miles bunched together so people are not pressured or embarrassed if they have not run as far as others, and so people going farther distances don't get cocky :) We are all here for health and fun, but it's cool to see how far we go!

Kate said...

When did the total one start? As of January 2008 or before?

Megan said...

It started with my training plan for the Napa Valley Marathon, so probably about two months ago.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!