Monday, January 14, 2008

Journal

One last suggestion for today...workout journal.

I keep track of all of my workouts in a calendar. It's not fancy, it doesn't glitter, it's not electronic, but it is a place I write them all down. I only write down the workouts I did on a particular day, I don't go into great detail, I don't write down my pace, the specific route I took etc., but I find it easier to stay disciplined if I have my little green calendar to report back to. It is also immensley satisfying to look back at my calendar as the weeks progress and see all of the workouts I have done, see the distances increasing and to know I have done it all myself. So that is my suggestion, treat yourself, go find a pretty/fun/exciting journal or calendar or spreadsheet to write your workouts down in. Make sure it is something you will use, not something too complicated or time consuming...maybe we will have a monthly perfect attendance club for everyone who doesn't skip any workouts each month :D

3 comments:

Mary said...

I use a calendar to plan my runs but a simple, the only kind I know how to do, to keep track of total distance. The distance keeps me interested when it would be easier to skip a day.

Mary said...

OOOPS I use a spreadsheet to keep track of total miles.

Kate said...

I make a weekly Excel spreadsheet and write down my workouts as well. It is the only way to keep me disciplined when I'm not working out with a partner. It's not fancy either, very basic, but it works. : )