Friday, January 11, 2008

Notification of Sign-Up, Preregistration & Registration

Good Day Ladies:

There have been many questions about signing up on the Nike Women's Marathon website for a notification when registration opens. This link is not yet up on the website. Most of the information on the website is for the 2007 run which happened in October of last year. What people who are interested in signing up for this event need to do is check fairly frequently (approximately once per week) at the Nike Women's website to see if the site has been updated and the link added. When it has been added, give an email address you check frequently. In my experience, they have not sent spam, but instead have sent useful updates before the race and registration information.

As for registration itself, once you know the date registration will open (the website will have that date once it has been updated for next year's race) mark it on your calendar and mark the time it opens. Keep in mind the time listed will probably be Pacific Standard Time since it is an event taking place on the West Coast. The next step is to make sure you sign up race morning since this is an extremely popular event and could fill up in a matter of a few days. The half marathon is the more popular of the two events and will probably fill up well before the full marathon, so it is important to sign up the morning registration opens so you know you have reserved your spot in this incredible event.

I will put the link to the marathon at the top of the right-hand column of the blog so it is easy to get to, or you could just make it a favorite place in your bookmarks :D

Lastly, I want to encourage anyone reading this blog to post comments. You can post encouragement, goals you have achieved, ask questions or just talk to others who are interested in this event and have found this blog. Don't be shy!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Thanks Meegan, that was great! And you sound like such a grown up. Wow. : )

Kate said...

I think Dad and I are quite serious about this marathon. Dad said if I can get registered for it, we will fly out and that will be our birthday presents to each other, a weekend in SF with you! And I can walk my very first half-marathon! I hope it works out because I'm quite excited!

superwomanrunner said...

I think that would be great! I know mom is serious about it and I will definitely either be doing the half or the full. It depends on how my marathon this March goes so we'll see. I'll keep updating, and as long as you register the day it opens, you'll be able to get in :D